Sunday, May 30, 2010
I'm All About the Silver Lining...
Another wonderful positive to being due at the end of the summer (and really being due anytime before say, January'ish)... I actually get to enjoy my summer without worrying about having a newborn. The boys were TINY babies both those first summers. They couldn't take the heat, they couldn't wear sunblock... they cried, they needed to eat all the time and have their diapers changed constantly.. .yada blah blah.
It was just HARD. Basically, those summers were a bust, which was fine and all and at the time I really didn't give it much thought. It's just another sacrifice you make as a parent. But I have to say, NOT having to deal with that this time around is REALLY nice. By the time Three comes, summer will essentially be over. We'll be mostly done with going to the pool, Ben will be back in school shortly thereafter and then Simon will go back too.
So yeah, this August thing? Kinda works for me.
It was just HARD. Basically, those summers were a bust, which was fine and all and at the time I really didn't give it much thought. It's just another sacrifice you make as a parent. But I have to say, NOT having to deal with that this time around is REALLY nice. By the time Three comes, summer will essentially be over. We'll be mostly done with going to the pool, Ben will be back in school shortly thereafter and then Simon will go back too.
So yeah, this August thing? Kinda works for me.
Comments:
<< Home
Ummm,Erin? Don't mean to burst your balloon or anything, but Three is going to cry. He's going to want to eat all the time. He'll need his diaper changed constantly... BUT-you will get to enjoy the summer with the two older boys before dealing with all that... ;)
<< Home



Post a Comment