Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sugar Me Up...

This morning I went for my glucose tolerance test. I thought I was really smart leaving the house at 7:15, so I'd get there at 7:30 and be first in line when the lab opened at 8.

HA.

Turns out I was one of about 15 other people with this bright idea. Ah well...

I got my lovely beverage around 8:20, guzzled it down by 8:22 and then settled in to read, knit and people watch for an hour. Luckily, there were loads of interesting people in the waiting room this morning, including a mom with a three-year-old who thought it was totally appropriate to blare a Thomas the Tank Engine video set to the song Thriller at FULL volume on her cell phone for her child. I didn't care, but it was very funny to watch other peoples' reactions. ;)

The whole process was relatively painless. I have to hand it to Labcorp, at least the one I go to. They have really kicked their customer service up a notch or two since I went for my first GTT test six years ago and ended up sitting there for two hours waiting for my drink. They are actually, dare I say, somewhat friendly and efficient now?

Anyway, as soon as my hour was up, they sent me right back to have my blood drawn and I was on my way by 9:30... all in all, not too bad.

Here's hoping I'm three for three in passing this hour-long test because I really do NOT have any desire to go back for the three-hour version.

Comments:
Hope you passed! Those labs are like the wild wild west on weekends.
 
That was one thing I didn't miss... I failed with Conner for round 1 and did the 3 hour tour on Christmas Eve. When they told me I passed with Paige I nearly fell off the table from shock - that was the best news (short of finding out the sex). Good luck!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?