Sunday, June 20, 2010

NOW It's Going Quickly...

Okay, so now I actually kind of feel pressed for time as far as getting things ready for the baby, myself and the rest of the family. Nearly 31 weeks ... and our days are pretty full with vacation coming up, summer camp and other various summer activities. Six weeks will fly by and before I know it, I'll be full term and can pretty much pop anytime! Not counting on going early, but certainly want to be prepared go anytime after 37 weeks!

What's left to do... feel free to provide input!!!

- Pick a darn name so I can get some letters up on the bare nursery wall (although with my noncommittment on this issue, this may wait until we get home from the hospital) For those of you who think we've settled on a name and just aren't telling (I'm looking at my brother!), really, we haven't. We truly are this indecisive this time around. Yes, there is a short list, but it's constantly changing... there are names I was totally in love with that I just don't even like now for whatever reason. (sigh)

- Read more about pumping and breastfeeding so I don't screw it up. I bought the really nice Medela PIS as motivation to stick it out as long as possible. Can't let that money go to waste!

- Cook some meals to freeze, clean out the freezer and stock up on easy stuff to make

- Bring Pack and Play home from the beach and get it set up in our room with the changing table attachment thingie

- Bring the bassinet back from my parents' house for the living room

- Pick a coming home outfit for Three

- Pack my hospital bag

- Keep stocking up on diapers, wipes, milk storage bags etc.

- Figure out and solidify childcare plans/carseat swapping for the boys for when I go into labor... I think I have this mostly figured out though. The unpredicability of labor always throws my inner control freak into a tizzy though.

- Figure out where to put a third carseat in the minivan and install said carseat. Do I put it in the jump seat in the middle, move Simon to the jump seat and Three to Simon's spot or move Ben to the third row and put Three in the other captain's chair? Decisions...

...And probably so much more I'm not even thinking of right now. I am so prepared in some ways, but have been so lax and procrastinating in others because, let's be honest, life is not exactly 100% focused on just the new baby these days. (trust me, Three, when you are older you will consider this a blessing, just ask your Uncle Taylor) I still haven't figured out what to do with my recalled crib. Part of me is leaning toward just pretending I never read about the recall.

Comments:
I have to do about half of those things before T gets discharged! You are on top of things!!!
You'll know his name when you see him. ;-)
 
Try to ask someone at the KYLE DAVID MILLER Foundation. They are experts on carseats, and placement in most, if not all vehicles. I know you are neurotic (like me) with carseats. http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/Contact-Us.html
 
Thanks for the tip! I just emailed them! :)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?