Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Say What?

I hauled myself and the two boys over to the hospital this morning to get my OB to sign the prenatal verification form for my 3D ultrasound on Saturday. She signed the same form three years ago with Simon and it was no big thing, so I was NOT expecting the nurse to pop her head out and say, "Umm...she won't sign it."

Huh?!

"She signed it three years ago though... what happened?"

She explained that Dr. Aziz won't sign them anymore since she had a "scenario" a couple years ago. I can't even begin imagine what happened... but annnyway. She told me she *could* give me a copy of my 19-week ultrasound report. So I took it and we went on our way.

I called the 3D place when I got home and they weren't surprised. They said there are a couple OBs in town who refuse to sign them. I think they must consider it a liability issue for some reason or other. (technically, they could uncover something at the 3D u/s that wasn't seen at the medical anatomic u/s and I guess a patient could sue)

At any rate, they told me to just bring my ultrasound report and the pictures from it and that would be fine. So yay. But sheesh. Nothing is simple anymore, is it? Everyone is always covering their backsides! (because sucky people are always suing... so annoying)

Comments:
I agree. I couldn't take pictures of my own daughter at her first dental appt because of "new HIPAA/HIPPA (whatever it actually is) rules" Are you kidding me? It's so ridiculous.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?