Thursday, July 15, 2010
34-Week Update...
34 Weeks... I resisted using my favorite title for this particular pregnancy week: "Please Allow 6-8 Weeks for Delivery"... mostly because the idea of potentially eight more weeks is just unfathomable. Plus, I know my doctor would NEVER let me go that long. ;) What doctor does that anymore? 42 weeks? That's insane. You're practicallly a gestating elephant at that point. (aren't they pregnant for an entire year?)
Anyway, so 34 weeks, which hopefully means somewhere between 3-6 weeks to go. Mostly likely somewhere in between. :)
And...I feel fine, all things considered.
I'm actually sleeping REALLY well lately, which has been nice. The acid nonsense is back under control and I'm doing really well with eating lighter sorts of things and small meals that stay down. Wish I'd figured out this secret for the last two. Every once in awhile I have a weak moment, like two nights ago, when I had to have one of these mini Drumsticks we have in the freezer. I know full well that I can't eat ice cream of ANY kind right now and so yeah, that was revisited... but it was good going down. ;)
I guess if I had to have a #1 complaint, it would be the constant pulled muscle feeling all across my lower abdomen. It's pretty constant and makes it hard to get in and out of bed. But really, that's small potatoes and I can suck it up for another month or so.
I also have to say that I still not all that daunted by the summer pregnancy thing. It really has NOT been that bad and frankly, I like the clothing choices much better than when I was hugely pregnant in the winter and spring. Shorts, tees and flip flops are very pregnancy friendly! (especially when it comes to getting on the scale at doctor's appointments) If I were crazy enough to do this again, I'd shoot for another summer due date... maybe July, just to spread out the birthdays a little. But not to worry, because yeah, this is it. Even if *I* were to have a change of heart, which I'll admit, there is probably a chance of given how pregnancy/birth/newborn amnesia works, I can promise you that my husband will NOT. He seriously would get snipped the very day I pop this baby out if he could.
So yeah, that's 34 weeks... hopefully the next four weeks or so fly by! Requisite belly pic coming soon. :)
Anyway, so 34 weeks, which hopefully means somewhere between 3-6 weeks to go. Mostly likely somewhere in between. :)
And...I feel fine, all things considered.
I'm actually sleeping REALLY well lately, which has been nice. The acid nonsense is back under control and I'm doing really well with eating lighter sorts of things and small meals that stay down. Wish I'd figured out this secret for the last two. Every once in awhile I have a weak moment, like two nights ago, when I had to have one of these mini Drumsticks we have in the freezer. I know full well that I can't eat ice cream of ANY kind right now and so yeah, that was revisited... but it was good going down. ;)
I guess if I had to have a #1 complaint, it would be the constant pulled muscle feeling all across my lower abdomen. It's pretty constant and makes it hard to get in and out of bed. But really, that's small potatoes and I can suck it up for another month or so.
I also have to say that I still not all that daunted by the summer pregnancy thing. It really has NOT been that bad and frankly, I like the clothing choices much better than when I was hugely pregnant in the winter and spring. Shorts, tees and flip flops are very pregnancy friendly! (especially when it comes to getting on the scale at doctor's appointments) If I were crazy enough to do this again, I'd shoot for another summer due date... maybe July, just to spread out the birthdays a little. But not to worry, because yeah, this is it. Even if *I* were to have a change of heart, which I'll admit, there is probably a chance of given how pregnancy/birth/newborn amnesia works, I can promise you that my husband will NOT. He seriously would get snipped the very day I pop this baby out if he could.
So yeah, that's 34 weeks... hopefully the next four weeks or so fly by! Requisite belly pic coming soon. :)
Labels: 34 weeks
Comments:
<< Home
Shortly after Piper was born, we had one of those hellish newborn nights where neither parent really sleeps and Jason told me that he kept having half-delusional thoughts about wanting to go to Patient First the next morning for a "drive through vasectomy." We end up going that route around the time Piper turned 1, but chose a reputable doctor since I don't think Patient First does those! LOL!
<< Home


Post a Comment