Wednesday, July 21, 2010
35-week Doctor's Appointment
Would have been the speediest ever, except that I was stuck behind this woman who was detailing every single solitary health problem she had ever had (none of which were gyn-related, mind you) to the receptionist, then the nurse, THEN the doctor. Then she proceeded to go into detail about how much her insurance paid for various things and her divorce and how hard her year has been and blah blah yada blah blah blah. At one point,she revealed that she was on disability leave from her job, thanks to a diagnosis doled out by our local well-known mental institution... somehow, this did not surprise me. Oh and the gallstones. She had those too. And her hand went numb on July 4th because of a pinched nerve and she spent the day at Patient First. Tra la la. Meanwhile, I was twiddling my thumbs in the exam room totally trapped and forced to listen to her blathering on and on with nothing to read but the "How Your Baby Grows" poster on the back of the door.
Anyway -- gained a half pound. Blood pressure good. Heartbeat good. Measuring 33 weeks, but the doctor said it's because the baby has dropped a little. Wish I were somehow benefiting from said droppage, but yeah, it still feels like his feet are burrowing into my ribcage. (and NOW he's simultaneously headbutting my bladder too)
I had a bit of a scary moment when she said not to worry about the 33-week measurement thing because of the droppage, blah blah...followed by, "Oh yeah. He's not small. This is going to be a big baby for you," all non-chalant-like while she filled out my chart.
(record scratch SFX)
I instantly had visions of a nine-pound baby coming out of me...
"Wait, what?"
Then she continued, "Yeah, he'll probably be about 7-1/2 pounds!"
(sigh of relief)
She's basing it on the fact that Ben was 7 pounds at nearly 40 weeks and Simon was 6-1/2 but came ten days early.
WHEW. THAT I can handle. Nine pounds? Notsomuch. (Katie, you are a trooper for pushing out those 10-pounders!!)
Anyway -- gained a half pound. Blood pressure good. Heartbeat good. Measuring 33 weeks, but the doctor said it's because the baby has dropped a little. Wish I were somehow benefiting from said droppage, but yeah, it still feels like his feet are burrowing into my ribcage. (and NOW he's simultaneously headbutting my bladder too)
I had a bit of a scary moment when she said not to worry about the 33-week measurement thing because of the droppage, blah blah...followed by, "Oh yeah. He's not small. This is going to be a big baby for you," all non-chalant-like while she filled out my chart.
(record scratch SFX)
I instantly had visions of a nine-pound baby coming out of me...
"Wait, what?"
Then she continued, "Yeah, he'll probably be about 7-1/2 pounds!"
(sigh of relief)
She's basing it on the fact that Ben was 7 pounds at nearly 40 weeks and Simon was 6-1/2 but came ten days early.
WHEW. THAT I can handle. Nine pounds? Notsomuch. (Katie, you are a trooper for pushing out those 10-pounders!!)
Labels: doctor's appointments
Comments:
<< Home
Love the record scratching - LOVE it. Great use. I could completely picture it. Glad it was 7.5 instead of 9.
I can't believe I had a 10lb baby. Seven pounds seems like a dream. LOL.
35 weeks for you already? Wow! Baby is almost here! Can't wait!!!
35 weeks for you already? Wow! Baby is almost here! Can't wait!!!
<< Home


Post a Comment