Monday, July 19, 2010

And So It Begins...

I dug out the suitcase last night for the hospital. So far, it has the baby's clothes in it, the baby book, a couple receiving blankets and a pacifier. (hoping to have another pacifier-less child, but bought a couple just in case!) Can't believe things are getting close enough to even be thinking about this! Gah!

ETA: Making more progress. Today I pre-ordered the envelopes and stamps for the birth announcements. Always nice to have something to do when you are twiddling your thumbs in the hospital room... especially when they drag your precious newborn baby boy off to be snipped. Oh, how I hate that hour or so. You moms of girls are lucky not to have to go through that!

Also ordered the boys' "big brother" gifts from the baby, a detail I very nearly forgot completely about. Gah. They are both getting Buzz Lightyears from Three, which he got for quite a steal on the Disneyshopping.com website. ;) (yes, amazingly, he can navigate the internet from my uterus) He comparison shopped and they are at least $10 cheaper than at Target!

Comments:
Ectiting! What did you decide for a coming home outfit??
 
I packed four different options... LOL. So to answer your question, I never did really decide. Maybe I should just name this baby "Indecision"?
 
Damn. I totally forgot about the big sister gift thing... You think I can get away with something small since Christmas is literally a week later???
 
our boys aren't 'snipped' so we never had to go through that process =) that would make me sad i think! just 5 weeks to go, that is so exciting!!
 
LOL Krystyna. I don't think it matters just as long as they are thought of in some way. :) Simon brought Ben these little $5 Star Wars micromachines and a Darth Tater, he STILL talks about the micromachines ships "Simon gave him" and can tell you exactly which ones they were.

And Janelle... lucky. :( I left that decision up to my husband and he opted for the snippage. It's so hard to send your baby away for that. And last time, I made the mistake of chit chatting with the nurse about the "process" while I waited for them to bring Simon back. Gah.
 
I love that the cousins will be close together in age again!
As for snippage - the good thing is that they have no idea about ten minutes later. I know a child who had to have it done at 13 (medical complications caused it to need to be done). It was quite an ordeal.
 
C had snippage at 8 months (complications in the hospital). He did great. No big deal - for him!
 
it was never even offered to me/us/them. so whatever.... =)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?