Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Coming Home Outfits...
I realized I have given no thought to what Three will wear home. (sigh) Yet another thing I had all lined up months before the other two were born. I perused the nursery closet yesterday but I am having two conundrums:
1) Is it wrong to have a baby wear home an outfit that has been handed down from both of his brothers? Both the other boys had new little things to wear... nothing expensive or crazy, but their own new clothes, nevertheless. I actually have TOO MUCH newborn size stuff, seems like a crying shame to buy something new that will probably only be worn for a month, if that.
Which brings me to my other problem... most of the cute outfits I have in mind are just little footie jammies or one-pieces...
2) ...so WHAT on earth do you bring home a baby home in in the dead of summer? It may very well be 100 degrees outside and a billion percent humidity when Three comes home. Do I put him in the footie jammies? A newborn gown? A onesie? This was not an issue with the other two... even with Simon in May, it was still relatively cool out.
I know it's not the biggest problem in the world, but I do need to decide soon before all the warm weather clothes in the stores are replaced by cool weather stuff!
Thoughts?
ETA: A running photo inventory of outfits I'm considering. ;)
This is one of my absolute FAVORITE newborn/preemie outfits we have. Assuming Three is about the size of his brothers at birth, I know it will fit perfectly, as opposed to him swimming in it.

I also love this one... and it's weather appropriate. Might be a tiny bit big on a brand new baby though. Ben first wore it around a 3-4 weeks old and from what I can tell in pics, it fit until about 5-6 months. Same with Simon...

Simon wearing it at just over 2 weeks old...

And I have a bunch of these little things...

And the new baby will be getting one of these even if I have to order it with no name on it... Simon didn't get to wear his home because he spit up all over it that morning in the hospital... LOL.

What to do... what to do...
1) Is it wrong to have a baby wear home an outfit that has been handed down from both of his brothers? Both the other boys had new little things to wear... nothing expensive or crazy, but their own new clothes, nevertheless. I actually have TOO MUCH newborn size stuff, seems like a crying shame to buy something new that will probably only be worn for a month, if that.
Which brings me to my other problem... most of the cute outfits I have in mind are just little footie jammies or one-pieces...
2) ...so WHAT on earth do you bring home a baby home in in the dead of summer? It may very well be 100 degrees outside and a billion percent humidity when Three comes home. Do I put him in the footie jammies? A newborn gown? A onesie? This was not an issue with the other two... even with Simon in May, it was still relatively cool out.
I know it's not the biggest problem in the world, but I do need to decide soon before all the warm weather clothes in the stores are replaced by cool weather stuff!
Thoughts?
ETA: A running photo inventory of outfits I'm considering. ;)
This is one of my absolute FAVORITE newborn/preemie outfits we have. Assuming Three is about the size of his brothers at birth, I know it will fit perfectly, as opposed to him swimming in it.
I also love this one... and it's weather appropriate. Might be a tiny bit big on a brand new baby though. Ben first wore it around a 3-4 weeks old and from what I can tell in pics, it fit until about 5-6 months. Same with Simon...
Simon wearing it at just over 2 weeks old...
And I have a bunch of these little things...
And the new baby will be getting one of these even if I have to order it with no name on it... Simon didn't get to wear his home because he spit up all over it that morning in the hospital... LOL.
What to do... what to do...
Comments:
<< Home
I love that you know what Rosie named her son! Or that she even has an adopted son - or even a child for that matter. You crack me up:)
Anyway - I am with you on the dead heat of summer. My thinking is buy a new summery outfit - it's not like he will not get use out of it (even if it's a onesie) and then have a hand me down warmer one as a back up.
Anyway - I am with you on the dead heat of summer. My thinking is buy a new summery outfit - it's not like he will not get use out of it (even if it's a onesie) and then have a hand me down warmer one as a back up.
we brought noah home in a onesie with a lite shortall set. jonah came home in a onesie and a romper =) i don't think its bad at all to have new baby in something handed down. ezra was.
I stuck Anastasia in a sleeper for her coming home outfit. And '07 was just as hot as this summer is... they're out in the actual heat for such a small amount of time, I don't think it really matters.
Weather wasn't a factor for either of mine, but I did sleepers with both. They are just as cute and you don't need to worry about socks too!
<< Home



Post a Comment