Friday, July 23, 2010
I Must Be Almost Due...
...because this week, I've suddenly starting getting a lot of those looks from people when I'm out and about with the boys... you know, the look -- it's a combination of pity, awe (at the sheer round hugeness of the situation), and glee that it's not them wandering around with this belly and two other kids in the heat. I'm also playing a lot of rounds of "When's the due date?" asked by perfect strangers.
The senior citizen brigade (they are there every. single day) at Panera, in particular seem to find our little trio fascinating. They ask me the same seven questions every time we see them --
Is it twins?
When are you due?
What is it?
Are you going to try for the girl?
How far apart are they?
Where'd that one get the hair?
Was the other one's hair like that when he was little?
Bet you're wondering what the hair on the next one's going to look like, huh?
I probably also draw a lot of stares lately because I move VERY slowly, almost elephant-like is probably the best description, really... but actually it kinda works for me when I'm out with the boys because honestly, they have short legs and they move pretty slowly too, especially Simon. So the three of us just amble along, (always stopping to touch the giant red spheres in front of the Target, a favorite pasttime of Little Dude for some reason) We also make a lot of trips to the bathroom at whichever store we happen to be because between Simon and me, someone always has to go.
Inevitably, Simon will want to be lifted into a cart, the "front not the back", "no the back not the front" at which point I will have a rip roarin' Braxton Hicks contraction that I have to stop and wait out, thus, I'm sure, scaring a handful of people around me. That's always good times.
So yeah... just hanging in there... moving in slow-mo... counting down...
The senior citizen brigade (they are there every. single day) at Panera, in particular seem to find our little trio fascinating. They ask me the same seven questions every time we see them --
Is it twins?
When are you due?
What is it?
Are you going to try for the girl?
How far apart are they?
Where'd that one get the hair?
Was the other one's hair like that when he was little?
Bet you're wondering what the hair on the next one's going to look like, huh?
I probably also draw a lot of stares lately because I move VERY slowly, almost elephant-like is probably the best description, really... but actually it kinda works for me when I'm out with the boys because honestly, they have short legs and they move pretty slowly too, especially Simon. So the three of us just amble along, (always stopping to touch the giant red spheres in front of the Target, a favorite pasttime of Little Dude for some reason) We also make a lot of trips to the bathroom at whichever store we happen to be because between Simon and me, someone always has to go.
Inevitably, Simon will want to be lifted into a cart, the "front not the back", "no the back not the front" at which point I will have a rip roarin' Braxton Hicks contraction that I have to stop and wait out, thus, I'm sure, scaring a handful of people around me. That's always good times.
So yeah... just hanging in there... moving in slow-mo... counting down...
Comments:
<< Home
Your pictures make you look tiny, I think. I mean, not unhealthy - but positively not large or twins. People are insane. These are the same seniors that when you are out with the trio and Three is in all blue, they will say, "She is so beautiful."
Twins? Come on! You are not that big! That one is undeserved. I can see the comments about the boys hair getting old and of course, the dreaded "going for a girl" comment.
LOL at the senior citizen brigade @ Panera b/c it is like that at EVERY Panera, right?
LOL at the senior citizen brigade @ Panera b/c it is like that at EVERY Panera, right?
<< Home


Post a Comment