Thursday, July 15, 2010
NOT What I Needed to Read....
Just when I had pretty much made the decision to ignore my crib recall issue, I happen upon this story on CNN. Lovely.
My plan was just to use strong tape to secure the drop side and not use it as a drop side. That's all the recall kits do anyway. Hrm... what to do what to do...
My plan was just to use strong tape to secure the drop side and not use it as a drop side. That's all the recall kits do anyway. Hrm... what to do what to do...
Comments:
<< Home
Egads. Makes me really reconsider my "cardboard box" theory of cribs. A cardboard box really IS the best place to put a baby to sleep. No rails to get caught in, no moving parts, no soft bedding that could suffocate, and it's portable! Disposable! Economical!
Sigh...
Sigh...
Seriously.
This is quite a conundrum. I'm thinking as long as I stabilize that dropside though, I should be okay... I hope?
This is quite a conundrum. I'm thinking as long as I stabilize that dropside though, I should be okay... I hope?
Can you return the crib? Get the conversion kit? Check freecycle or craigslist for a stationary crib? For a while I felt like maybe I went overboard buying our expensive crib, but now I'm glad I did. It's certainly getting its money's worth anyway!
No. Maybe. And I'm too lazy and don't want to deal with strangers. LOL.
Off to see about the conversion kit... I found it once and didn't order it. Fooey.
Off to see about the conversion kit... I found it once and didn't order it. Fooey.
Other thought is to just get a cheap crip (unless these cheap ones pose problems too, but at least it's new) from Babies R Us or something. I would imagine they would sell cheap ones for about $100. It's not like you won't get $100 of use out of it.
I went through something similar after we just bought a Britax seat and were in a fender bender (someone hit us). I contemplated keeping the seat that was replaced...but in the end, I didn't think it was worth it.
Good luck either way. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.
I went through something similar after we just bought a Britax seat and were in a fender bender (someone hit us). I contemplated keeping the seat that was replaced...but in the end, I didn't think it was worth it.
Good luck either way. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.
<< Home



Post a Comment