Sunday, July 25, 2010

Time's a Tickin'...

I'm not sure how, given that I've had 35 weeks to prepare and I've been working on things constantly, but the rather imminent birth of this baby seems to have snuck up on me. I am sitting here amidst a pile of lists -- things to make sure to grab on the way out the door to the hospital, things left to do in the baby's room, things to pack for the boys, things to stock the freezer with... it goes on and on.

Deep breath...

One or two things a day... it will all get done, right?

Today I packed up Ben's backpack for school, since I'll either be in the hospital for the school picnic when they take their supplies in or I will have just had a baby and either will still be in the hospital or not have the presence of mind to make sure it's all there that week. I also wrapped up the boys' big brother presents, started packing their overnight bags and purchased a few last things we needed for the baby at BRU.

Speaking of BRU, my local friends, did you know that they are turning it back into a Toys R Us? It's still going to have SOME baby stuff, but not very much, so said the cashier I talked to there today. :( They are getting rid of most all the clothing and a TON of other things. I am so sad!!

Comments:
WHY!!!??? I'm done with the baby thing, but that store rocked! What's a momma gonna do? Target's fine and all, but not as awesome as BRU! I'm devastated!
 
I almost cried at the register... seriously. I thought BRU's were doing really well! That place is ALWAYS busy, especially on the weekends. Sheesh...

On the other hand, my kids are going to be THRILLED at the Toys R Us. Talk about a great place to go to kill an hour!
 
Mixed emotions here... Yay for more Toys! LOVE TRU... but hopefully I can snag all the baby gear I need before they change! When did they say they were converting??
 
They are in the midst of it now... all the clothes are on clearance. (not much left though... however, there is more newborn stuff than older kid stuff, so it might be worth a look for sleepers/onesies/etc) Gear is all still very well stocked and doesn't look like they've touched anything....
 
According to the store manager I spoke to today (you sent me into a panic, so I had to rush over there..) they're still keeping most of the baby gear, but most of the clothes are going bye bye. She said much would be staying, just in different places.
 
I definitely got more of a "everything mixed together, but less baby stuff and more toys" message... Hrm... either way, I'm not thrilled. :(
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?