Friday, July 9, 2010

Tired... No More Room...

Waking up from a night of sleep and feeling like I need a nap almost immediately is really kind of depressing. The end is in sight though... not sure if it's the iron deficiency thing or just normal late pregnancy tiredness. (it's amazing how I've blocked out so much of the other two pregnancies) Must remember to keep up with the iron pills though because I read if you are anemic in labor, you can't get an epidural. Gah! Talk about a nightmare scenario!

Also, there is officially exactly ZERO room left in my stomach. I've pretty much given up real dinners entirely (I've been eating a lot of popsicles and lightly sauteed veggies as "dinner") and can only eat a very light breakfast and lunch. I can also only drink water and only at certain times of day or else THAT makes me sick too.

On the bright side, thanks to all this, I have stayed at the exact same number (fluctuating up and down the same 1 pound) on the scale for pretty much the last seven weeks or so. Total weight gain so far is about 27-28 pounds. Pretty much par for the course with my pregnancies, so no concerns. With the baby's weight gain in the upcoming weeks, I'll probably top out at 31-32 total. It's funny because I always panic when I'm gaining all that weight so fast in the beginning (because BOY does it pile on quickly) and it ALWAYS turns out this way in the end. I need to learn to just trust nature.

I'm really just kinda ready to be done with all this and am very eagerly counting down the days to full-term status and eventually evicting this little one.

On another topic, what's with the baby boom?! I seriously know more women my age right now who are pregnant than who are not. Also to be noted, just about every single one of them who know what they are having is having a boy! (Katie, you were the only exception to that so far!) Weird! Anyone else out there knocked up I should know about?

Comments:
Pretty much everyone I know is having girls so I guess it balances out. But yeah, there are a LOT of pregnant ladies out there right now. I feel so ahead of the curve. Ha ha. I wish someone would send some babydust my SIL's way - she's the one I want to get pregnant the most - they've been trying for a while w/o success. :(
 
not me! thankfully i can say that =) but i do know atleast 2 people due in every month from now till january! how crazy is that? and mostly they don't know what they are having so thats fun!!
 
I am not pregnant but was just commenting that all of the recent newborn photo "shoots" I have done in the past year have been BOYS. Weird. My neighbor (photo shoot yesterday) said that in times of "war" there are more boys born. I wonder if there is any truth to it.
 
Yeah, I feel like I am the only girl momma out there. I felt the same when Lucy was born too. What's up with all of the boys???
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?