Monday, August 23, 2010

39-Weeks, Four Days (!)....

Doctor's appointment this morning. For the first time in two entire pregnancies, the doctor was leaving to go deliver someone else's baby (jealous!!!). So they rushed those of us in the waiting room through pretty quickly. I was just happy to be seen because my potential induction on Wedesday depended on the results of the exam today.

Sooooo... thankfully, I am a centimeter dilated, which is a centimeter more than I was five days ago. Also 25% effaced and the baby's head has come down a bit. So I earned a ticket to the early eviction program should I choose to take it.

...which is the decision I have to make in the next 24 hours or so.

Options are always good... although the decision is a tough one.

She told me she is confident it would be successful, but a long process. I just called back and talked to the nurse to try to get her to somewhat quantify what she meant by "long process". Basically, she said to expect it to take all day... 9a.m. until dinnertime. (a timeframe which is totally fine with me) BUT that there are no guarantees and that it COULD take 16 hours like my first one. USUALLY though, it's more of just a morning until early evening process.

Ponder ponder ponder... I'm leaning toward just going for it. Honestly, if it weren't for school starting Monday, I would just wait this out until nature takes over, even with the 9/1 school cutoff looming. I am truly just not a fan of messing with nature. I'd so much rather the baby be born whenever he is supposed to be born...

Plus, I don't even care about the school cutoff much anymore. If we didn't meet the deadline, Three would be in good company with his cousin who won't be born until December and his other cousin who won't be born until March 2011, plus all of the babies to be born in our neighborhood who are all due after the cutoff.

What I *do* care about Ben and his first day of first grade. If I chose to wait it out and ended up in the hospital on 8/30, we'd work it out. He'd get to and from school no problem and he'd be fine with it... but I'd miss it and there is only one first day of first grade! :(

Ugh. Decisions...

Labels: ,


Comments:
I would definitely do it Wednesday. Think about how much you want this baby out, already. There is nothing saying that if you wait, he won't need to be evicted eventually anyway. The induction is safe. Might it take long, sure. But you could wait and it could take long. It's not like it's a 16 hour induction or a 2 hour natural labor. Although I have to miss my kid's first days because of teaching in the same district, if I could change or control that, I absolutely would.
Is it wrong for me to change my guess to Wednesday now though??? Just wondering!
 
i don't envy you and your decision! i had the same thinking as my mom was leaving on the 30th and we got to the 29th with no show! i went in to get checked and they wouldn't indeuce anyway as i was having mild contractions. thankfully baby came on his own free will the next morning....
its like the old say, half of one and 6 a dozen of the other (or something like that!!!)
 
Having taken the early eviction route all 3 times, I can understand. I'm sure it will be faster than your first! I know for me, all 3 times, I didn't make much progress until they broke my water which they waited for forever to do! After that, much faster. If I had 4th, I'd ask them to do it right away! Good luck!! Will you be streaming live video! LOL!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?