Saturday, August 7, 2010
A Letter ...
Dear Baby Three,
(Btw, sorry about that title... we'll eventually come up with a name for you that's extra special, I promise.)
Okay, so we need to chat.
Here's the deal. I really don't care if you want to stay in another 2-1/2 weeks. I get it, it's cozy in there. REALLY cozy. Believe me, I can feel just how cozy you are. And it's warm too. (though you may want to take into consideration that it's also VERY warm outside right now. I'm just sayin'. You're not gonna freeze.)
That being said, there are a couple of potential dates we need to blacklist. They just don't work for those of us on the outside. Sorry, buddy.
1) August 21 -- This is your cousin's birthday. Once you get here, you will see that the months of March - May are insanity in our family because of the all birthdays. As much as I wanted another little guy, I was glad you decided not to join us during one of those months. Good job! August is a relatively quiet month and an excellent choice on your part. The only thing is that you just. can't. show. up. on. your. cousin's. birthday. There are at least 17 other days, including today, that would be GREAT for a birthday. So do us all a favor and don't make your debut on the 21st. It will wreak all kinds of havok on family parties for years to come and trust me, in the Graff family, we don't need more drama.
2) August 24-26th -- This is where your third child status starts to come into play. You have an older brother, well, actually two of them. (they rock! you'll love them!) Well, anyway, one of them has a school picnic on the 26th that mommy REALLLllllly wants to go to. This is not as quite as important as not being born on the 21st and not as important as the next date on the list either, but if you could swing this one for me too, that would be awesome.
3) August 28-30 -- Sorry, this one's about your older brother again too. The 30th is his very first day of first grade and I want to be able to take him to the bus and pick him up. So yeah, let's do our best to stay away from those dates too.
I understand if you can't accommodate. I know you probably have your schedules and commitments to stick to as well. But if you could just try to work with me here, that would be great.
Sincerely,
Mommy
P.S. Today is a beautiful day! Bright and sunny and not too hot. Wouldn't it be a great day for a birthday?
P.P.S. You must be a genius child because apparently you can read? I've been having contractions on and off this morning. I'm sure they won't get me (or you) anywhere today... but A for effort, little guy!
(Btw, sorry about that title... we'll eventually come up with a name for you that's extra special, I promise.)
Okay, so we need to chat.
Here's the deal. I really don't care if you want to stay in another 2-1/2 weeks. I get it, it's cozy in there. REALLY cozy. Believe me, I can feel just how cozy you are. And it's warm too. (though you may want to take into consideration that it's also VERY warm outside right now. I'm just sayin'. You're not gonna freeze.)
That being said, there are a couple of potential dates we need to blacklist. They just don't work for those of us on the outside. Sorry, buddy.
1) August 21 -- This is your cousin's birthday. Once you get here, you will see that the months of March - May are insanity in our family because of the all birthdays. As much as I wanted another little guy, I was glad you decided not to join us during one of those months. Good job! August is a relatively quiet month and an excellent choice on your part. The only thing is that you just. can't. show. up. on. your. cousin's. birthday. There are at least 17 other days, including today, that would be GREAT for a birthday. So do us all a favor and don't make your debut on the 21st. It will wreak all kinds of havok on family parties for years to come and trust me, in the Graff family, we don't need more drama.
2) August 24-26th -- This is where your third child status starts to come into play. You have an older brother, well, actually two of them. (they rock! you'll love them!) Well, anyway, one of them has a school picnic on the 26th that mommy REALLLllllly wants to go to. This is not as quite as important as not being born on the 21st and not as important as the next date on the list either, but if you could swing this one for me too, that would be awesome.
3) August 28-30 -- Sorry, this one's about your older brother again too. The 30th is his very first day of first grade and I want to be able to take him to the bus and pick him up. So yeah, let's do our best to stay away from those dates too.
I understand if you can't accommodate. I know you probably have your schedules and commitments to stick to as well. But if you could just try to work with me here, that would be great.
Sincerely,
Mommy
P.S. Today is a beautiful day! Bright and sunny and not too hot. Wouldn't it be a great day for a birthday?
P.P.S. You must be a genius child because apparently you can read? I've been having contractions on and off this morning. I'm sure they won't get me (or you) anywhere today... but A for effort, little guy!
Comments:
<< Home
Hilarious : ) Thanks for the great laugh this morning and here's hoping that this little guy is accomodating!!! Today is actually my Dad's birthday so it would be a great day!!!
*snort* Heh. Any day now would be wonderful, seeing as how I will NOT miss this kiddo's birthday! And we're out of town on the 28th! No overdue babies!
I know you don't want to go over by much, but if he comes after Sept 1, you won't have to agonize about when he's ready for kindergarten. ;)
<< Home


Post a Comment