Tuesday, August 10, 2010

LOL!!!

This was good for a morning laugh. I was sitting here reading my little pregnancy week-by-week blurb and here's what it says:

----------------
Labor is a real possibility now so it is best to stick close to home and avoid driving. You should be getting plenty of rest and relaxation at this point. You should have all of your phone numbers handy and your bags packed for the hospital.
At this stage of pregnancy, you should avoid stress at all times. If your partner works, you may have someone stay with you during the day in the event that you go into labor.
---------------

So basically, I am just supposed to sit in my house (with my two other kids AND someone to babysit me, of course) and wait for something to happen? Ohhhh, I think not.

Also, I'm supposed to avoid stress at all times? Oh dear, I probably should NOT have had those other two children then... they are kind of hard to avoid. ;)

P.S. I'm still here and pregnant.

Comments:
I picked two days before your due date b/c that is when I had my #3-- two days before my due date. Two other women I know had their babies 2-3 weeks early and I was sooooo jealous that I could barely congratulate them. LOL! Here's hoping that this is #3's week!
 
Wow, that's kind of ridiculous. Even on your first one. Can you imagine sitting home for 3-4 weeks(because there is also the possibility of going late) waiting for your baby. Having thebaby would be all I could think about. And what is this "If your partner works" stuff?!?!?! On what planet would there be two people who don't have jobs or school (sad, but true) having a baby. At first I was just laughing, but now I'm kinda mad at the ticker people for giving such bad advice to expectant mothers (some of whom would feel the need to follow it).
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I suppose I should give people the benifit of the doubt and think they are smart enough to just laugh at the ridiculousness of it. Then I could just find it funny again;-)
 
That is such a first time mom's thing to do. Remember those days? Wow. Naive.
 
Although, I have to say... I was at the pool with the boys today and briefly pondered what I would do if my water broke while I was there. Drive myself home and hope the really hard contractions didn't start while I drove? LOL. Hrm... oh well, I'd deal somehow! It's definitely not stopping me from leaving the house. ;)
 
Oh and Jen, I am totally with you on the "if your partner works" WTH?
 
I think you would be ok where ever you happened to be...you could just work your way down the list until someone in the village answered the phone. Lol
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?