Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Son'll Come Out Tomorrow....

Heh. Couldn't resist.

So the hospital called to verify some registration stuff and now this is suddenly all very, very real. The woman was very nice, though when I asked about the waiting room (I wanted to know if it was the only one... because since they have remodeled the hospital, the waiting room on L&D is very VERY small and I thought maybe we were missing something), she told me that my family needs to understand there are FIVE OTHER PEOPLE being induced tomorrow (gah) and to expect to have to share the room with all of their families too. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I explained that I come with an entourage of sorts and that they'd work it out. I feel sorry for those other families though... they have absolutely NO idea what they are walking into.

I'm not supposed to eat after midnight. Argh. I had forgotten about that little induction detail. I'm tempted to ignore that because who knows how long it will be until I get to eat again. I may at least get up at midnight and eat a ton and I will most DEFINITELY be taking my Zantac before I leave the house, no matter WHAT they say. NOT getting strapped to a bed on my back all day at the mercy of my relentless acid reflux. That happened with Ben and I learned my lesson.

THe kids are not allowed in to see me until I'm out of the LDR. That kinda stinks. But at least they are allowed at the hospital at all, which is more than was allowed a few months ago. She also said I'm allowed three people (as opposed to the former two) in during the pushing. I'm hoping to get some nice nurses who will let me expand that to five... but we'll see how that goes.

So yeah, it's for real! This time tomorrow I will be strapped to a bed with my torso hopefully blissfully numb. Can't believe it's almost here! FINALLY!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?