Friday, August 20, 2010
Still Here...
Yep. 39 weeks, 1 day. Still here, which actually wouldn't be so darn depressing if there were something, ANYTHING going on. But after that one night of contractions, all the action stopped. Other than baby movement, I have pretty much zero anything going on in there. I wish I could say I were crampy, or my back hurt or SOMETHING.
But no. :( Just dragging around a very large belly.
Oh, and, for the record, none of the supposedly contraction-causing early eviction methods are working. I have even resorted to the breast pump MULTIPLE times now and it didn't do anything except kinda freak me out about how much of my nipple could be sucked into a plastic pump horn. (lordy day that's frightening!)
I walked the neighborhood last night, which wasn't a total loss because I got to chat with my neighbor Lori and her little girl, Elise who starts Kindergarten next Monday. (so exciting!) We also saw some mutant mushrooms growing and Ben got to check out all the cars on all the other streets. But, as for doing anything for Three, seems like it was a pretty fruitless endeavor.
Tomorrow is my niece's birthday, and one of Three's blacklisted days, so no major eviction efforts will be attempted. Not that it's looking like this is going to even be an issue since I am feeling like I will probably still be pregnant a week from now!!!
So so so down... :( Thought for sure this baby would be here by now and we'd be home and settling in.
But no. :( Just dragging around a very large belly.
Oh, and, for the record, none of the supposedly contraction-causing early eviction methods are working. I have even resorted to the breast pump MULTIPLE times now and it didn't do anything except kinda freak me out about how much of my nipple could be sucked into a plastic pump horn. (lordy day that's frightening!)
I walked the neighborhood last night, which wasn't a total loss because I got to chat with my neighbor Lori and her little girl, Elise who starts Kindergarten next Monday. (so exciting!) We also saw some mutant mushrooms growing and Ben got to check out all the cars on all the other streets. But, as for doing anything for Three, seems like it was a pretty fruitless endeavor.
Tomorrow is my niece's birthday, and one of Three's blacklisted days, so no major eviction efforts will be attempted. Not that it's looking like this is going to even be an issue since I am feeling like I will probably still be pregnant a week from now!!!
So so so down... :( Thought for sure this baby would be here by now and we'd be home and settling in.
Labels: the waiting game
Comments:
<< Home
I'm kind of chuckling since I went 40 weeks, 4 days with both, but I know I'll be right back there in march, so I'm trying to have sympathy. ;)
Val, were you dilated/effaced at all before then though? It's less the length of time this is going on and more the fact that I have made no progress that kind of frustrates and concerns me.... :(
Just get that kid out before September unless you wanna wait a whole more year for school! Claire's b-day is 8/28...I think it is a nice day to be born!
LOL, Backy! I KNOW!!!!!! As it is, I may or may not send him to K when he's five... depends on him. But I would at least like the choice to be mine, not BCPS's!!! A 9/1 bday would suck, bigtime!!!
I don't think I had progressed much, if at all...I remember a few "fingertip dialated" appointments.
Just checked...at 40 weeks I was a "fingertip" with jordan. I didn't make an exact note with ethan, but sounds like zero progress at 40 weeks. I think all the magic started when I was actually in labor.
It'll happen on the 24th !!!
You'll have your baby soon!!!
Re-read my blog posts from the first two weeks of June. Misery loves company. ;-)
You'll have your baby soon!!!
Re-read my blog posts from the first two weeks of June. Misery loves company. ;-)
Val, that makes me feel infinitely better. :)
And Katie, I have been stalking your archives!!! (and Val's too!)
And Katie, I have been stalking your archives!!! (and Val's too!)
<< Home



Post a Comment