Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Doctors Doctors Everywhere, But Not a Single One Who Can See Us...
Dr. B, our pediatrician, wanted to see Jonathan next week for his checkup and whatever shots he is due for. I called today to try to make the appointment... NONE to be had. They had to put in a call to the doctor and move things around to find us one. Of course the one they gave us completely conflicts with Simon's pickup time at preschool, which is something I don't really want to delegate to anyone else during the very first week of school. So I had to call back and say I was sorry, but we couldn't take it.
The next appointment they tried to give us was Monday at 8:30a.m. Seriously? Who has a newborn (not to mention two other children) and can actually make it ANYWHERE at 8:30 a.m.? (besides the bus stop at the end of the street which is seriously, the ONLY place I could ever make it on time at the time of the morning and even that is pushing it)
So now I am waiting on a call back to see when else they might be able to fit us in. This time, I gave them my schedule... I'm not that picky, really. Pretty much anytime after 10 on any MWF is fine, as is anytime after 1p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Am I really that difficult? Be honest with me here.
Love our new pediatrician... (he's a hundred million times better, nicer and more competent and helpful than our old one) but notsomuch loving the HUGEness of the practice that makes it near impossible to get an appointment sometimes. (sigh) I miss being able to call our old pediatrician and pretty much name my appointment time. :(
The next appointment they tried to give us was Monday at 8:30a.m. Seriously? Who has a newborn (not to mention two other children) and can actually make it ANYWHERE at 8:30 a.m.? (besides the bus stop at the end of the street which is seriously, the ONLY place I could ever make it on time at the time of the morning and even that is pushing it)
So now I am waiting on a call back to see when else they might be able to fit us in. This time, I gave them my schedule... I'm not that picky, really. Pretty much anytime after 10 on any MWF is fine, as is anytime after 1p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Am I really that difficult? Be honest with me here.
Love our new pediatrician... (he's a hundred million times better, nicer and more competent and helpful than our old one) but notsomuch loving the HUGEness of the practice that makes it near impossible to get an appointment sometimes. (sigh) I miss being able to call our old pediatrician and pretty much name my appointment time. :(

Post a Comment