Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Goal...

Today, I met my first goal with the breastfeeding/pumping thing. At this point, it's exclusively pumping, which gets confusing when people ask how you're feeding the baby... but whatever. Anyway, the first goal I set for myself was to make it longer than I made it with Simon and today marks two full weeks, which is exactly one day longer than last time. My next goal is a full month, which I feel pretty confident about getting to because I do not have a broken milk maker at this point like I did last time. I'm also in a comfortable routine with it and all is going smoothly.

I did have a panicked moment and wonder what the heck I was doing the other night when Jonathan was so gassy and annoyed... but all seems to have righted itself. I also have a brief moment of questioning my sanity in doing this at midnight and 4a.m. when I have to get up and pump and Jonathan is still sleeping. But I do know that eventually, I won't have to get up at those times, so I am just taking it one night at a time, determined to stick it out.

At this point, I have a freezer stash that is probably enough to last three weeks. It's kind of crazy... I freeze probably 25-30 ounces a day. This is good though because I'm not sure I have the tenacity to do this for a full year. We'll see, the end of January is my BIG goal and every month thereafter will be icing on the cake.

Comments:
Ehhh.. Just tell everyone you're breastfeeding and that will shut them up. If they persist, then you can get into the EPing, but it's usually too complicated and/or TMI for those who ask. it's just easier that way. Yay for making it to your first goal, though!
 
I am telling you - pumping is more work than breastfeeding so NO ONE should be looking down on you for that. I can't get over how much milk you are storing! That's impressive too!
 
Just be proud that you're doing what you want to be doing!! That's all that matters, really.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?