Thursday, September 2, 2010

One-Week Doctor's Appointment

Jonathan had a one-week checkup today. Why at one week and not two, I'm not entirely sure... but anyway...

The doctor says he is the picture of health. Not a bit of jaundice, even! He has a goopy eye that he has been on eyedrops for for two days, but he says that should be cleared up in another day or two.

Now for the fun part. When we left the hospital, he had dropped from 8lbs, 4.6 ounces, down to 7 lbs, 15 ounces... today, he was 8 lbs, 7 ounces! So yay for good eating! :D

He asked me a lot of questions about how the breastfeeding/pumping is going. Apparently, I make a very large quantity of milk, which I always kinda thought, but he confirmed it. He encouraged me to try to have him take a couple of feedings the normal way, which I'm open to, but am honestly not going to stress out over it when the other method is working so well for us.

Anyway, so all good news and he wants to see him again in two weeks for his next Hep. B shot and another weight check. :)

Labels:


Comments:
Our pedi does the 1st appt at 4 days, then (I think) at 1 week.
 
Come to think of it, I think my old pediatrician did an appointment two days after we came home and then another one at two weeks...
 
Wow - that's an impressive jump. I also wouldn't go crazy. If pumping is working for you - why switch?
 
Yay for Jonathan! (and you!)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?