Friday, September 3, 2010

Routines...

Jonathan seems to be falling into a *little* bit of a routine here in his second week. :) This thrills me to pieces because BOY do we like our routine around here.

It involves more awake/alert time at the same times of day, which is nice... unfortunately, it also involves a bit of a fussy/unsettled period. However, this is in the MORNING, so it's manageable.

I don't know what it is, but after his second morning bottle, he WANTS to go down for a long nap, but it just takes him forever and ever to get there. It's not too bad, not colicky screaming or anything... just a lot of spitting the binky out and fussing and needing to be picked up and put back down and rebinkied... usually takes about an hour or so of false starts before he finally goes down.

This also coincides with one of my morning pumping times and so I'm doing that, plus rocking the infant seat and sometimes holding the pacifier in with my foot. I'm multitalented like that. ;)

Otherwise, he probably the calmest of all of our kiddos thusfar (knock on every bit of wood in the house). He still really only cries when we undress him or if I have to leave him wriggling around in the infant seat for too long while I finish something.

Hope it stays this way... gah.

Comments:
Ah yes. The multitasking while pumping. Have you rigged up the rubber band/hair tie thing I told you about yet?? Gives you at least one hand free! If not two!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?